The Actors Pulse is offering work experience opportunities to those aged 15–18. Through work experience at The Actors Pulse, you will gain valuable insights into the arts and entertainment industry.
We aim to give our work experience students an understanding of everything that is involved in working in the industry and supporting those preparing to work in the industry.
'The Actors Pulse is a great place to go to for work experience if you want to expand your acting skills with some awesome teachers and staff. It is a lovely place full of people who want you to develop your skills and abilities as an actor or performer. They offer so many opportunities and paths as an actor that you can be exposed to and really get to know. Thank you Actors Pulse!'
Ben Simpson, 2017
‘The Actors Pulse was an encouraging setting for my work experience that offered great knowledge of acting techniques, and options if I wish to pursue it as a career. I learnt about auditioning for roles, the Meisner technique and had great experiences with the employees. I thank Actors Pulse for the chance to learn in such a kind and fun environment and for the opportunities you have given me.'
Claire Maddock, 2017
Tasks & Involvement
- Observe Meisner acting technique classes
- Observe screen acting classes
- Participate in movement classes
- Go behind the scenes of a busy office. This involves simple tasks such as photocopying, database maintenance and organising students to company marketing, scheduling and media management
- Research film and television scripts for screen acting classes
- Do script analysis and script reading
- Students will be able to help out with any productions we have on at the time, whether it be behind the scenes, marketing, ticketing or ushering etc on the performance night - performances are held at different times throughout the year, so please bear in mind performances may not be running at the time of your work experience
- Work on monlogue for performance (potential to be filmed)
- Find out exactly how much hard work goes into being an actor/acting student
‘I learnt so much from even just watching the classes.’
Lauren Dwyer, work experience 2012
‘This week at The Actors Pulse was such an amazing experience! I learned heaps about the Meisner Technique, and how it symbolizes improvisation, personal feelings, and helps to create more realistic scenes. What I got out of coming here was so amazing and I have had such an amazing experience.’
Rebecca Turnbull, work experience 2012
How to Get Involved?
We are pleased to announce that our 2020 Work Experience Program is currently full and we are no longer taking appications. Applications for 2021 will be taken from November 2021. While we regret that we are unable to take on any additional students for 2020, we encourage all enthusiastic young actors to consider our New York Teen Acting Class.