Second Floor - Green Screen Acting Screen
Green-screen (Chroma key)
technology is a technique used in film and television to avoid on-location shooting.
An actor for example, can be filmed in front of a background of one colour (green) and then later through special effects, an alternative background (ie. the beach) can replace the colour to give the illusion that the shot was filmed at that location.
Green and blue are considered the most popular colours because they are least like the skin tone. In the past decade however, the use of green has become dominant over the blue in film and special effects because it has proven to be easier to work with.
Our 35m2 studio is equipped with the necessary tools and technology for students to gain valuable insight to acting techniques required for green-screen filmmaking. All camera classes and audition workshops are held in this studio, which is on the second floor of the building.
This studio is also equipped for professional shoots.
Our fitout includes:
- 2 x 32" LCD screens / monitors (hanging from ceiling)
- Green screen is 180° Includes a cyc all the way around - the side measurements are 5m x 5.5m
- Lighting grid with 2 x Kino style lights
- Additional lights available on request (3 x redheads, 1 x 1k, 1 x 650, 1 x 500) please email or call for a quote
- Make-up and dressing room with shower and toilet facilities
- Available 24/7
- Background System available (black, white and chromakey blue)
- Free parking available - 2 min walk
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- Outdoor terrace with glass doors making indoor / outdoor shoots possible