The Actors Pulse is offering work experience to ages 15 – 18. Through work experience at The Actors Pulse, you will gain valuable insight into the arts and entertainment industry.
We aim to give our work experience students an understanding of everything that is involved in working in the industry and supporting those preparing to work in the industry.
‘I can honestly say in a week The Actors Pulse has given me an understanding of what I want to do and where I want to go with acting. With anyone unsure, a week of work experience with the lovely staff here is perfect.’ Nicole Watt, Work Experience 2012
‘I was so shy at first but that’s me, once I get used to the people around me, I am crazy. My experience at The Actors Pulse was really great. I loved it from start to finish. I would love to come back and learn new things, Billy is such a great role model to the actors he find the smallest things and helps them out.’ Walid Dargham, Work Experience 2012
Tasks & Involvement
- Observe Meisner acting technique classes
- Observe screen acting classes
- Participate in movement classes
- Go behind the scenes of a busy office. This involves simple tasks such as photocopying, database maintenance and organising students to company marketing, scheduling and media management
- Research film and television scripts for screen acting classes
- Do script analysis and script reading
- Students will be able to help out with any productions we have on at the time, whether it be behind the scenes, marketing, ticketing or ushering etc on the performance night - performances are held at different times throughout the year, so please bear in mind performance may not be running at the time of your work experience
- Work on monlogue for performance (potential to be filmed)
- Find out exactly how much hard work goes into being an actor/acting student
‘I learnt so much from even just watching the classes.’ Lauren Dwyer, work experience 2012
‘This week at The Actors Pulse was such an amazing experience! I learned heaps about the Meisner Technique, and how it symbolizes improvisation, personal feelings, and helps to create more realistic scenes. What I got out of coming here was so amazing and I have had such an amazing experience.’ Rebecca Turnbull, work experience 2012
How to Get Involved?
We are pleased to announce that our 2017 Work Experience Program is currently full and we are no longer taking appications. Applications for 2018 will be taken from November 2017.
While we regret that we are unable to take on any additional students for 2017, we encourage all enthusiastic young actors to consider our New York Teen Acting Class.
Please contact our office on 0414 475 515 or email [email protected] to schedule your work experience TODAY!